Quality control, fasteners
We have unique potential to be sure that we are delivering quality – our own control laboratory!
Detailed quality control of fasteners at every stage is our goal.Most of our fasteners and connections are made by suppliers that we have chosen ourselves or in our own factory in Poland.We take care to secure the quality by placing high demands for precision in production and by taking random samples during manufacture.Despite this, variations can occur.How can we ensure that no defective fasteners reach our customers
Quality control in our own laboratory
Our own laboratory plays a key role.We can perform a great many different quality checks ourselves and document the actual properties of the fasteners in each delivery.Using advanced technical equipment and well-trained personnel, we can establish the product’s mechanical properties, dimensions, surface treatment and thread tolerances before the batch is sorted into our warehouse.Other tests included in our quality control are torsional strength, torque and clamping force.For material analyses, e.g. chemical composition, we collaborate with an accredited laboratory.All tests are carried out according to applicable international standards.The equipment is calibrated regularly by the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden.
Read more about the various tests we can perform in the laboratory
- Tensile test -Testing the products’ mechanical breaking properties.
- Hardness tests – Vickers tests for measuring hardness, case depth and core hardness.
- Charpy V impact test
- Thread and dimension tolerance measurements
- Measurement of surface layer
- Measurement of torque and clamping force
- Material analysis – Documentation of the material’s chemical composition
Quality control in the field and consulation
When the fasteners have been delivered to the customer, we can test the installed product in the field.Testing and measurements at the workplace can facilitate installation and ensure that the joints are installed correctly.
We do not only test our own products.We are happy to act as consultants with regard to quality issues, technology and quality tests relating to fasteners and connections.On request we can test products from other suppliers or help to verify calculations.
- Calculations that can be verified through testing in the laboratory or in the field.
- Field tests – testing products in structures.As a rule, we can carry out tests of products that have already been installed, using our mobile testing equipment
- Consultancy services regarding quality issues, technology and testing